Above photo by
Deer Mountain Community Organization
These are Just a Few Activities from Each Year
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2014 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 2014 -- Spaghetti Dinner for a Good Cause!
On Friday, March 21st, the Deer Mountain Community Organization put on a spaghetti dinner to raise funds to build a community center. The dinner, served at the Vineyard Church in Cańon Cityon Raynolds Ave, included spaghetti with DMCO’s special home-made meat sauce, salad, bread, beverage, and dessert.
The turnout was good, as was the food and the music!
The Deer Mountain/Copper Gulch area is in need of a community center where neighbors can meet and hold events. The location of the building will be on DMCO’s property at 2995 County Rd. 27A (Copper Gulch Rd.).
2014 Meetings and Events
- January 10 - Steering Meeting
- January 18 - General Meeting - 1:00 P.M.
- February 7 - Steering Meeting
- February 11 - Meeting with Rodeo Association in Canon City
- February 15 - General Meeting - 1:00 P.M.
- March 7 - Steering Meeting
- March 15 - General Meeting - 1:00 P.M.
- March 21 - Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser in Canon City
- April 4 - Building Planning Meeting
- April 11 - Steering Meeting
- April 19 - General Meeting - 1:00 P.M.
- May 3 & 4 - Concessions Stands Fundraiser at the Rodeo
- May 9 - Steering Meeting
- May 17 - General Meeting - 9:00 A.M.
- June 7 - First Saturday Trade Days
- June - Steering Meeting
- June 21 - General Meeting - 9:00 A.M.
- July 5 - First Saturday Trade Days
- July 11 and 12 - Bad Boys Bull Riding Concessions
- July ? - Steering Meeting
- July 19 - General Meeting - 9:00 A.M.
- August 2 - First Saturday Trade Days
- August 8 - Steering Meeting
- August 16 - General Meeting - 9:00 A.M.
- September 6 - First Saturday Trade Days
- September 12 - Steering Meeting
- September 20 - General Meeting
- October 18 - General Meeting
- October 10 - Steering Meeting
- November15 - General Meeting
- November 7 - Steering Meeting
- December 20 - General Meeting
- December 12 - Steering Meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2013 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 2013 -- Thanksgiving/Christmas Food Baskets
The DMCO members blessed several area families who are going through hard times with Thanksgiving/Christmas Baskets to help them have a thankful Thanksgiving dinner and a very merry Christmas in 2013.
We are beginning to take advantage of the Bountiful Basket Food Co-op Program and are discussing ways to share some of the produce from those baskets with struggling area families.
If you want to be involved in this community outreach project, please attend the next general meeting always held on the 3rd Saturday of every month at 2995 Copper Gulch Road (immediately north of the restaurant).
Spring and Summer 2013 -- Community Markets
The markets are over for the season and we had a good time.
Thank you to everyone who participated, donated, shopped, sold, painted, cooked, cleaned, kept the books, did the permit work, etc.
Together we made it very enjoyable!
2013 Meetings and Events
- January 25 - Cowboy Church Fundraising Dinner
- February 20 - Closing the purchase on the DMCO property!
- March 2 - All-You-Can-Eat Fundraising Breakfast at Chili's Restaurant
- March 16 - General Meeting at the new DMCO Property- starts at 10:00am
- April 20 - General Meeting - starts at 10:00am
- May 3rd and 4th - Rodeo Concessions Fundraiser
- May 18 - General Meeting - starts at 9:00am
- June 16 - General Meeting at 9:00am
- June 29 - Community Market
- July 4 - Community Get-Together
- July 6 - Community Market
- July 13 - Community Market
- July 20 - General Meeting at 9:00am
- July 20 - Community Market
- July 27 - Community Market
- August 3 - Community Market
- August 10 - Community Road Cleanup of Copper Gulch Road
- August 17 - Community Market
- August 17 - General Meeting 9am
- August 24 - Community Market
- August 31 - Community Market
- September 14 - General Meeting, starting 9am.
- September 14 - Community Market
- October 19 - General Meeting 10am. Breakfast and meeting.
- November 16 - General Meeting 10am. Breakfast and meeting.
- December 21 - General Meeting 10am. Breakfast and meeting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2012 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Article from the Wet Mountain Tribube - "New Deer Mountain Group Plans 4th of July Get Together"
Use the backarrow to return to this page.
Article from the Canon City Daily Record - "Group to Host Flea Market" on July 14, 2012
Saturday, August 11, 2012
COPPER GULCH ROAD CLEANUP
DMCO volunteers collaborated with Glen Vista Homeowners Association and walked from CR-3A (where the road branches off of the north end of Copper Gulch Road heading toward the Royal Gorge's southern entrance) to the Cody Park Church. This 16-mile stretch was divided up into 2-mile sections, each section was cleaned by 2-person teams.
When the work was done, everyone was invited back to a home for a wonderful luncheon, served by folks who were not physically able to walk 2 miles, but who could certainly cook at delicious meal for a lot of people!